Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Redeeming Love...

Do you regret your mistakes? How have those mistakes shaped you? And if you hadn't made those mistakes would you be who you are today.....and if you wouldn't be the same person today without those mistakes could you really count them as regrets? Or do you consider some of them as moments that have taken part in defining who we are? These are the questions I have asked myself lately. In each person's life, there are moments, both positive and negative, which have defined and redefined who we are. Consider the definining moments in your life. These moments affect the very core of who you are and what you believe.
If we walk forward in fear of making different mistakes, or maybe even the same ones again and continue to look back in regret over the ones we've already made...are we truly living? Theodore Roosevelt once said "the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
As i trace the path of my life many of my definng moments have been rooted in my my mistakes. So maybe I would even then say I'm thankful for them. He has redeemed so many of my mistakes and used them for my good. And I think all I can do is look forward to what is ahead and be thankful that God's grace is sufficient for what is now behind me. Thank you Jesus....

3 comments:

Kentsten said...

I did it, I am now apart of ths strange little world of blogging...

Nat Pat said...

really enjoyed hanging out today. looking forward to lots more! enjoy your trip.

Bex said...

i see that my lil screen name is Rebexah...I LOVE IT!

when i get back from N.O. we need to hang out!!