Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog Revival!

I am finally reviving the blog! This year was so hectic with teaching full time and photography that I did not have time to keep my photography blog updated and and throw my thoughts out on this one. And so my personal blog became a victim of neglect, but I am determined to revive it! So for all of you that constantly tell me you want me to update this blog...I'm doing it! As I was reading over it today it was so interesting to read back through some of the things the Lord taught me over a year ago and how much he has changed me! While I want to post new thoughts in the future, this was an old post from the beginning of my blog and as I reread it this morning, Jesus sweetly reminded me how intimately he is involved in the details of my life!


l'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle...

Dante uses these words to describe God as "the love that moves the sun and the other stars". The words themselves sound beautiful simply because they are written in what is thought by many to be the most romantic langugage in the world, but when you realize what they actually mean you are struck by the the beauty of our God. When I read this it reminded my heart that God is in the details. He is the love that moves the sun and the stars in place....every day! He knows the number of hairs on my head, he knit me in the womb and created my inmost being, he knows when I rise and when I sit, he is familiar with all my ways. In that moment when I read the meaning of those words I was reminded that I am loved by a God who is intimate with the details, not just the big picture. Details are what seperate a mere aquaintance from an intimate friend. An intimate friend knows the details...the habits, the likes, the dislikes, the joys, the struggles....they are familiar with the details of what makes you...you. And when you are hemmed into that kind of intimacy you feel known... and you can just be. That sentence made me realize that I love that about the Lord. He has hemmed me in....he knows the ins and outs of who I am...he's well versed in the details of me....I am known.....and in his presence....I can just be.

2 comments:

Andrea F. said...

I have no idea how I came across your blog, but your words have brought me to tears. Reading your definition of our relationship with God has helped me to realize alot. In a moment in my life where I am so lost and broken, you have brought a sense of peace. Thank you.

Andrea Fairman

Angela said...

Im new, going to keep up with you. I like what I read.